Hello friends, today We bring a recipe for all my vegan food lovers!
Today we are going to discuss the “Chipotle Sofritas recipe“. Everyone can try this recipe, whether you are vegan or not. We can guarantee you it is better than everything you eat till now.
If you think why We are sharing this recipe then here is the answer;
Chipotle Sofritas recipe is an extremely nutritious and delicious vegan recipe. So we think everyone must know about this. Let’s start the recipe
Ingredients for Chipotle Sofritas recipe
- 1 medium or ½ cup green bell pepper
- 1 medium quartered tomato
- 1/2 medium quartered onion
- 1/2 cup water plus
- Add extra water to braising the tofu
- Two chipotle chilies
- Two cloves garlic
- One teaspoon of red wine vinegar
- One teaspoon of ancho chile powder
- One teaspoon of ground cumin
- Half teaspoon dried oregano
- Black paper – freshly ground
- Salt half teaspoon
- Packaged extra firm tofu
- Olive oil or rice bran oil
Process of Chipotle Sofritas recipe
- Drain tofu: Try to squeeze out all the water in the tofu. Remember tofu need to dry completely. You can do this by warping it up with paper towels. If you can’t do this with your hand then press with a heavy dish or any other thing you have from the above.
- After that, cut them down into small square slices. The slice cubes must be about 1/2 ” squares.
- Prepare Sofrito Sauce: In this recipe, the sauce plays an important role. To prepare this sauce you need to add all the above ingredients we mentioned above in a blender. Then blend them properly until they become completely smooth and mix well.
- Start preparing the Chipotle Sofritas recipe
- Now it’s time to turn on the burner & place a pan. Add some oil & heat it to medium. Then add tofu. Must be frying it for 15 minutes. You need to stir it occasionally. By doing this the tofu changes its color to brown and also gets some crispiness.
- Here you can shop the tofus or blend them with a blender and make extra small pieces.
- Then pour the sauce. This will help it absorb sofrito sauce better.
- Bring down the intensity of heat to a stew and cook until the consistency thickens and the tofu is all around immersed. And your Chipotle Sofritas recipe is now made.
- Served over rice — Chipotle Sofritas recipe is very much like a burrito dish! Or on the other hand, fill tortillas with the blend and top with your #1 thing!
What exactly is Sofritas?
Truthfully the entire dish is actually about the sauce, likewise called “sofrito” which is made by braising the ingredients overheating with oil. The ingredients of the sauce differ by nation and locale, yet the sauce for the most part incorporates tomatoes, garlic, onions, and chime endlessly peppers.
The sort of sauce causes you to feel as though you’ve been expertly prepared in the culinary craft of Latin American food enchantment. All you want is a blender and a couple of straightforward fixings.
And afterward? You can make your vegetarian burrito bowls at home. You can rethink taco night. You can stun taste buds and blow minds.
What is Chipotle?
The chipotle pepper is an artificially obtained vegetable from Mexican cuisine. It’s essentially a smoke-dried chili pepper. “Chipotle” in translation means chili pepper dried on smoke.
The process of obtaining chipotle pepper is complex and painstaking: it is plucked from the chili bush when it is overripe and begins to dry, then the fruits are placed on a grate in a special chamber, where, under the influence of smoke, they are dried. This process continues for several days. In modern production, chipotle pepper is obtained using gas dryers and liquid smoke.
Caloric content of chipotle peppers
The caloric content of chipotle pepper is 281 kcal per 100 grams of the product.
It is an excellent source of many vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, and antioxidants. In the composition of chipotle, there is capsaicin – a compound that has important healing properties. It also contains antioxidant carotenoids such as lutein and zeaxanthin.
This wonderful pepper is rich in vitamins A, C, E, K, niacin, folate, riboflavin, and vitamin B6. There are also minerals: potassium and calcium, magnesium and phosphorus, copper and iron, selenium, and zinc.
Health benefits of chipotle
Just one pinch of this seasoning added to everyday food can resist truly dangerous diseases. So, what are the health benefits of chipotle peppers?
It can stimulate taste buds. According to studies, hot peppers, including chipotle, contain capsaicin, an antioxidant that increases the metabolic rate and helps to cope with excess weight.
Good for the Heart
Moderate consumption of hot peppers improves heart function by lowering the level of bad cholesterol and triglycerides.
Antioxidants in chipotle also help reduce the risk of atherosclerosis, as they resist the action of free radicals.
All the same, capsaicin helps fight cancer cells and causes their death. According to the results of a study conducted by scientists from the University of Nottingham, this antioxidant has high antitumor activity.
Reduces the risk of diabetes
Another useful property of chipotle pepper is the prevention of the development of type II diabetes. The product promotes fat oxidation, which leads to weight loss. But obesity is one of the key factors in the development of diabetes.
Natural Pain Reliever
Eating hot peppers is a great way to relieve pain associated with arthritis and migraines, headaches, and back pain. For such a wonderful property of chipotle, you should say: “Thank you capsaicin!”
Promotes Eye Health
Lutein and zeaxanthin are important for healthy vision. Regular consumption of foods rich in these nutrients leads to a reduced risk of eye diseases, including age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
Lowers blood pressure
Chipotle contains high amounts of nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin C and antioxidant bioflavonoids, which help strengthen blood vessels and increase their elasticity.
Hot pepper causes us to sweat, which causes fluid loss and a decrease in circulating blood volume.
According to studies, capsaicin improves digestion. Along with stimulating digestive enzymes, this antioxidant also destroys harmful bacteria in your gut.
Chipotle includes a large amount of fiber useful for the digestive system. Dietary fiber stimulates peristaltic movements and increases the production of bile and digestive juices.
Strengthens the immune system
Chipotle contains a large amount of vitamin C – a well-known antioxidant that strengthens the immune system and forms a reliable shield against free radicals.
Promotes Bone Health
Chipotle is a rich source of minerals, such as phosphorus and magnesium that help maintain bone health. They prevent bone loss, eliminating the possibility of diseases such for example, and osteoporosis.
Thank you, everyone, If you like these details do subscribe for further vegan healthy recipes, and you will be notified. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram too. If you have any questions for us, feel free to comment below. Find our other healthiest recipes for the Tofu Scramble recipe and Vegan Lunch recipes as well.
Leave a Reply