Surprisingly, sometimes the most delicious dishes are obtained from the simplest ingredients. What is necessary is the ability to combine them correctly. Today we bring an amazing recipe for a vegan Sweet Potato casserole, which will be an excellent treat for even the most selective eaters. Unlike the usual vegan dishes with eggplant and zucchini, this casserole with leeks and potatoes will pleasantly amaze with a pleasant texture, sweet, but not excessive, taste, and aromatic crispy crust. Let’s find out the details;
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Casserole
- Medium-sized sweet potatoes – If large 3 pcs, or if small 5 pcs
- Vegan or coconut milk – 2/3 cup
- Sweetener of choice – 2 tbsp.
- 2 tbsp. of almond butter
- Salt: 3/4 tsp.
- Cinnamon: 1/2 tsp.
- Powdered ginger: 1/4 tsp.
- Optional pinch nutmeg
- For topping need marshmallows of 2-3 cups
Preparation of Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole
- At 230 ºC, preheat the oven. Use a diameter of 25 centimeters cooking spray to cover the baking dish.
- Use medium heat to hitting the tablespoon of butter. For this, you can use a non-stick skillet.
- Add leeks, crushed garlic, & 1.5 tablespoons of rosemary. Soften the onion by sautéing it for 8 minutes. If you want, you can use salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Start by Peeling, and then cut them into 3 mm thick slices. Place one-third of the sweet potatoes on the bottom of the cooked pan, lightly applying the slices to each other. Place half of the cooked leeks on top. Then again comes a layer of a third of sweet potatoes, followed by onions. The last layer is potato again. Once you’re done laying out the layers, pour the broth over the dish. With the help of foil cover the pan. Then leave it for 35 min for baking.
*To save time, you can prepare the yams the prior night. Or on the other hand, heat them weeks ahead of time and freeze 3 1/2 cups of squashed yam to use in this recipe.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, and 1.5 tablespoons of rosemary in a small bowl. Remove the foil from the mold and sprinkle it with the resulting mixture. Bake, without foil, for 15 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are fried and crispy. Allow the casserole to cool slightly before cutting, and then divide into 8 equal pieces.
Let’s learn the health benefits of Sweet Potatoes.
What are the benefits of sweet potatoes?
Many people wonder if sweet potatoes are that good for health, which is not surprising when you consider that their very name suggests that they are sugar and starch bombs. But this tuber is very good for you. Sweet potatoes are especially attractive in autumn. As a garnish and as an ingredient in all kinds of dishes from soups and stews to cakes and other desserts.
You can get half of a day’s vitamin c by consuming 1 cup of sweet potato. A similar serving likewise gives 400% of the suggested day-to-day admission of vitamin A. The two supplements are indispensable for supporting safe capacity, which is particularly significant during cold and influenza season. Vitamin An is likewise key to keeping up with sound skin, vision, and organ work.
Calories from sweet potato
Sweet potatoes are very versatile tubers, serving everything from decadent spicy cakes to hearty vegan winter stews. They are packed with nutrients and have a pleasant, creamy texture and sweet taste that makes them attractive to even the most demanding. In addition, sweet potatoes have many health benefits, so finding ways to incorporate them into recipes is a good way to improve diet, increase nutrition, and reduce the risk of various diseases and health problems.
Sweet potatoes (scientific name: Ipomoea batatas) are usually classified with other root vegetables such as beets and carrots, but they are tubers. While root vegetables are the proper roots of the plant, tubers such as potatoes and sweet potatoes form at the base of a root and store nutrients for the plant. Since tubers are like silos of nutrients, sweet potatoes are packed with nutrients and therefore associated with numerous health benefits.
Sweet potatoes with orange pulp are usually the most common in the United States but there are also white, yellow, pink, red, and purple sweet potatoes, each of which provides a slightly different nutritional profile. In general, darker sweet potatoes – orange, red and purple – provide more antioxidants and powerful polyphenols.
Sweet potato recipe
Sweet potatoes are usually recognized by their copper-colored skin and deep orange pulp, although the hundreds of varieties grown around the world feature colors such as white, cream, yellow, reddish-purple, and deep purple. Although they are often found on festive tables covered in marshmallows or mixed with added sweeteners, it is not necessary! Living up to their name, sweet potatoes have a naturally sweet taste, which is further enhanced by cooking methods such as roasting. They are also one of the main sources of beta-carotene, a precursor to vitamin A.
Unlike potatoes (edible tubers of the Nightshade family), “sweet potato” is a large edible root of the morning glory family. They are also different from sweet potatoes, which are edible tubers of the lily family and native to Africa and Asia. Chances are the “sweet potatoes” found in your supermarket are a sweet potato variety. True sweet potatoes are distinguished by their brown/black skin and their white or purple flesh.
Sweet potato vs. potato
Whether you use sweet potatoes on a fancy holiday dish or simply put one in the oven for a quick dinner after work, you’re getting a vegetable with great health superpowers. Sweet potatoes are packed with minerals, fiber, vitamins, and phytonutrients, which help both the body and mind. And not only that: they are easy to prepare. You can cook sweet potatoes in many ways, from baking them to mashing them, roasting them, or frying them in the air. So do not hesitate to include them in your shopping cart.
Make it at your home and we hope you will love it. You can make our other vegetarian recipes like sweet potato Salad, Vegan salad pasta, Fruit salad, and more. You can follow us on Instagram for our latest updates. Find the vegan recipes in this vegan blog. Thank you and have a great day everyone.
Leave a Reply